Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Wausau? Generally, you have three primary areas of your property for video surveillance: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and key interior rooms. While your installation team will be able to advise where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Always Defend Your Main Entrance
Although it may seem crazy that an intruder would make an effort to casually stroll through primary entrance, 34% of break-ins take place near this obvious access point. There are also package thieves among other dangers to deal with. A video doorbell is able to manage these concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you have the ability to converse with people who walk up and ring the bell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-way communications and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. When someone begins doing something nefarious, you will have your video surveillance record a clip and deliver it to your cell phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting task. Luckily, there are a handful of suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re defended properly.
- Corners of your Wausau house provide an impressive field-of-view, seeing two sections of your property.
- Right under an overhang or directly into a piece of trim or siding are excellent options for security cameras as they will be somewhat hidden by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing access point for invaders than you’d think!
- Above a deck or rear door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, you should always prune any brush and branches that may block your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Most From Your Interior Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Wausau. That same versatility means you have other installation variables to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should be certain your windows are down and latched, the natural light that enters via a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your camera’s video feed. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a security camera installed in a higher spot will have a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or affixed to the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system won’t be able to defend your property if anything happens to it. Set your devices in a spot where little ones and house pets can’t mess with them. You might consider mounting or other ways of attaching them to be certain they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest video camera will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a decorative item or plant in the way. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to conceal your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (715) 256-7915 or complete the following form to start your project.