Today's home security options have become more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to neglect to complete simple security chores like arming your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these tasks ever again? With geofencing in Wausau, you can simply drive off to work and make your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Wausau For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary a set distance from your house, which you may arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices take advantage of to communicate with other connected equipment. This technological advancement assists your home security by centralizing all elements onto the same network. You can then set up a unique boundary around your house and program what actions you want to take place when you go past the specified border.
To illustrate, when you leave your property, you can set your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can alert your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, turn on lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Below are several of the technologies you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in Wausau. When you download the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of smart home automation. Just tap a button, and you can:
● Program schedules: set your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan when the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your security camera notices unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in unison. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with preset light and HVAC adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to arm your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Wausau
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our representatives today at (715) 256-7915 or submit the following form to get started on your perfect security system.