Security cameras can simply be used as a deterrent—something that notifies burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Luckily, today’s security cameras are armed with a plethora of features all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools help you to get the most from home security cameras in Wausau.
How To Set Up Your Wausau Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is placing your devices in the right spots within your living space. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic areas such as the living room or family room. It’s also a great move to have a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to move around to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to afford a clear scene of your front door, driveway, front and backyard, shed, and other exterior detached constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front door through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas around your house that are less vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your family should be a primary regard before placing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need a measure of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Security Cameras
Device placement is only the first step in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Wausau. The innovations described below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your smart device whenever unusual activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when movements are detected which will increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your home security cameras to film and save clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way audio: Most of today’s security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with people through the unit. Through ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and allows for a more complete look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that have at least 120° angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture video of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and overlook animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Wausau is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (715) 256-7915 or submit the form below to get started personalizing your home security system today.