What Causes House Fires In Wausau
When you’re a homeowner, one of the biggest threats to your house and family is the chance of fire. The U.S. Fire Administration estimated in 2019 that American homeowners underwent about $1.6 billion in costs due to accidental or careless fires. Unfortunately, fires are unexpected and are frequently avoidable -- with a little knowledge of where to act. And, luckily, you are ready with a monitored fire alarm that gets you help fast should you ever have an outbreak.
What Causes House Fires In Wausau?
Fires can happen in any spot with no warning in the house. However, you can lessen the danger of fire if you take precautions around the following household objects:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is far and away the leading cause of a house fire in Wausau. Cooking-related flames commonly start when the kitchen goes neglected during meal preparation. Water thrown on a grease fire will spread a flame that would on the other hand be contained.
- Candles: Passing out in a room with a burning candle is problematic, even if you’re using a recessed candle holder. The flame can blow and catch a curtain ablaze if left on a window sill, and animals can bump into candles while exploring. The National Fire Protection Association approximates that just over 7,600 houses were damaged due to candle-related fires between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Faulty electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, degrading or poorly set up lighting, and cut lamp cords is a big risk. Be careful not to overburden your outlets or plug an item in with bare electrical components. On the off chance you hear crackling or catch a whiff of smoke from the outlet, flip the breaker off prior to investigating.
- Space Heaters: Avoid coiled space heaters because debris, like dust bunnies, paper or plastic scraps, or bed sheets can end up in and alight. However, you need to make sure to monitor fan and ceramic space heaters for the entire duration of usage.
- Cigarettes: Solely in 2014, U.S. fire departments came to more than 17,000 house fires caused by smoking paraphernalia. If you have tobacco products in the house, make sure they never pass out with a cigarette or smoke in bed. And fully snuff out your tobacco items before you throw it into a waste bin.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Will Can Helps When There’s A Fire
If a fire should break out, you definitely want to have an effective discovery system to alert your loved ones before it gets serious. A traditional smoke alarm could suffice but can only alert you if smoke is abundant. An advanced fire alarm -- a piece of equipment that's pair with your home security network -- is able to discover both smoke and rising temperatures and can do more to ensure your family is safe.
A monitored fire alarm has many methods by which it can warn you of a fire. Your alarms will notify your family with a high-decibel tone and a message to your smartphone. All the while, your ever-vigilant monitoring experts will contact the fire department. And should you be somewhere in which you’re unable to race home when a fire blazes, you can rest assured that your monitoring agent will maintain contact between you and emergency personnel.
Get Your Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The possibility of house fires in Wausau should never be discounted, but you can rest easier if you use a monitored fire alarm in your home. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you get all the safety sensors you need with a comprehensive home security system. Call (715) 256-7915 or send in the form below to begin.