What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Wausau
You know you must defend your home. After all, it offers shelter for your spouse and children and is where you keep your belongings. But what kind of home protection is best? Figuring out if you should get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary decisions you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Wausau and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection connects to a professional monitoring team that is set to provide help at all times. Whenever a window sensor trips or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring agents receive an instant alert. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and dispatch the applicable first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have professional support. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you have to act to remedy the situation. This option is the more affordable solution, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Wausau
Here’s a brief breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system in place is always wise. If you are away from home, asleep, or without access to your smartphone, your property and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll respond faster to incidents than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security might entitle you to a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and flawless integration: When you receive tools, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security specialist, you will get access to a fully integrated system with components that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Numerous individuals would prefer to have the job completed by experienced professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement may be satisfactory for many as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Wausau
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Install yourself: DIYers could consider this a pro as they can install the system themselves and not have an extra expense. Other residents will wish to use a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to integrate equipment when you desire - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you may find integrating into a fully connected system more complex.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your system. If an emergency arises, you’re in control of getting help.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t receive a security alert? This situation equates to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require assistance during an install, you might have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Wausau
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Wausau from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the best solution for your family. Contact (715) 256-7915 today to customize your package.